Monday, 29 September 2014

Disappointing products: Nivea 3 in 1 micellar what?







Cleansing water.. about as useful as regular water. 

Now I'm not one to downright slate something so let's go through the positives first. There's something very pure about using a product which is completely clear, it feels like no harsh chemicals are going onto your body. But then I also can't help but admit that it feels like I've paid for water I could get from a tap..
It lasts fairly well, I really soaked the cotton wool pads in liquid and it didn't go down anywhere near as much as expected. So that's a bonus: a little goes a long way. 

It feels gentle on the skin, but then this is in comparison to tugging at my make up with a regular make up wipe. It says on the bottle "no need to rub or rinse", however if you want to get any form of eye make up off then you definitely need to be dabbing for a long time. I tried really soaking the cotton wool pads and resting them on my eyes for a good few minutes, which as you can see from my photos, did not work at all. I think it did a little of my mascara and that's about it.. It mainly seemed to just move the dark make up smudges around my face, rather than actually get rid of them. The cleansing water also left my skin feeling tacky, as though, it wasn't still particularly, y'know, cleansed. So there was still a need to rinse after all.

It prides itself on using no perfumes, colours or parabens which is obviously what you should look for in a cleanser as it means it is less likely to irritate your skin. Although, it didn't actually smell very nice. I was actually very surprised that it actually left my eyes stinging and weeping a bit, which I was shocked considering the "no perfumes, colours or parabens" claim.

But apart from that, it's wonderful. (I hope you guys can detect sarcasm).

Have you tried Nivea's cleansing water? What did you think? 

cottonandcandie x

2 comments:

  1. its such a shame you were disappointed with this as ive read so many rave reviews of it! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2014/09/lfw-designer-show-marchesa-notte.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, so have I! Hence why I bought it in the first place haha, might go for a cream instead :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x