Saturday, 27 September 2014

OOTD: Diesel and dark florals.




 What a lovely shot by Zak.



 
These Diesel jeans. 20 pounds.. 
I KNOW. 
The things you can find in TK Maxx! 

- Admittedly, I have tried to sell these Diesel jeans. I loved them at first sight, the colour is beautiful, the length (almost) fits me and of course, they're Diesel. But I did fall out with them as they're just so low rise. You can see from the photos that they start at wayyy below my belly button/dream catcher belly bar and even just a slight lean can result in them becoming too low rise. Do you get me?

I based my outfit around these jeans, I dug them out and thought how I could wear them in Autumn. Of course my inner tomboy swayed me to wear black, after all I am wearing a real girlie dusty pink. I'm wearing a black basic strappy top (H&M) with a black crop (also H&M). Layers darling, can't be cold! 
 
Excitedly, I realised that I could also wear my one and only kimono. It's by Boohoo and I'm scared to buy another kimono because I don't think anything can top it. It's made of almost velvety material and it's so soft and surprisingly warm! The dark florals and slight shine to it mean it's perfect for Autumn and Winter and I often slip it in to Spring and Summer outfits too - it is floral after all! 

Pointed black flats George at Asda, mentioned in a post agesss ago here for a feminine yet sassy finish and I also wore a scrunchie which matched the jeans. I love matching colours in an outfit. This was made and dyed for me by a friend, I have them in pink, blue and green. 

Pink for Autumn? What do you think? 

cottonandcandie x


12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, same! They had them in a luminous green but I wasn't brave enough!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous outfit and you look amazing! I'm in love with Kimonos as you just can't beat them!

    http://beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh, thank you so much! Me too, I only have two but they're so versatile!

      Delete
  3. love the outfit :)

    spiceadvicexo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really loved your recent collab. with Stardustbohemian! xx

      Delete
  4. Those florals are lovely! Can't believe how much of a bargain those jeans were either!

    Salt and Chic // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I wear it too much haha! I know, first time I've ever been to TK maxx

      Delete
  5. Cute outfit, you look lovely :) I love your blog and I have followed you with Bloglovin. If you ever get a chance to check out my blog I would be delighted, thanks!

    Camille xo

    www.cococami.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you lovely, aw that's so sweet of you, thank hy so much! Of course:)

      Delete
  6. Love the pattern on ur kimono, great blog you have here by the ways, keep up the good work m'dear

    http://andreaantoniou.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's so pretty isn't it? Aw thank you so much, means a lot! :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x