Thursday, 25 September 2014

The retro matte lip.












Definitely my most favourite lipstick I have ever owned. And my boyfriend (and his gay friend) picked it out for me for our anniversary. I know, do they make more of him anywhere? I'll have to ask him. 
This is Mac's Viva Glam I. There are six Viva Glam's (not including Rhianna's) and this is the very first one, created in 1994. Buying a Viva Glam lipstick means it will have red packaging and the full RRP of the lipstick goes to help families effected by HIV and AIDS. 

Need I say more? 
Okay I will. The idea of it being a retro matte really makes me squeal. Like I feel like I've been swooped back to the 40s, the red lip era. 

Viva Glam I is a brownish red, (the above photos are completely unedited), really deep, really dramatic. I've been looking for this exact shade for ages now and I still can't believe Zak picked it for me. Of course it is a little drying on the lips as it is a matte lipstick. Naturally, absolutely no shine usually equates to dry lips.
And just a teeenie sidenote.. It's one of those lipsticks that just will not stay on that slightly inner bit of your lip. You can see this in the second from last photo, and this was just after application! 

But for a colour as powerful as this, I really really do not mind. 

Have you tried a Mac Viva Glam?   

cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. Love that color! It's like the perfect 90's red shade

    COOCOO FOR COCO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a stunning lipstick! I love it x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's literally my favourite ever!

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x