Thursday, 11 September 2014

Three ways to look good Naked.




We all know what the Naked palette is, right? 
(Just in case the answer is no or you want to drool over the palette once more I've added photos just in case!) Well knowing what it was just wasn't enough for me, so when I checked my bank balance and realised I'd been paid more than I thought I marched straight to my nearest Urban Decay counter. I'm usually more of a lips kind of girl, and have more lipsticks than I can remember. I'm fairly brave with lips and often go for deep purples and real bright reds, and the only eye make up that I ever do is your standard black white and grey smokey eye. My cousin changed my thinking recently by saying she does more eye make up than lips because she thinks her eyes are nicer than her lips. Oh. Right. My eyes are nicer than my lips too.

So off I went to Urban Decay.
I asked what would bring out the blue in my eyes, seeing as my eyes are a bluey-green/grey and I was advised to try bronze based colours, of which the original Naked palette is the epitome of. (For swatches see Imageology's review of the Naked palette).

The Naked palette consists of twelve shades including mattes, shimmers and glitters. Each of these should be 12 pounds, which means there's well over 100 pounds worth of eyeshadow here for only 37. (If you look at it this way, you feel waaay less guilty!) For me, the shimmers and glitters are what make nude shades interesting, it transforms the "Naked" look. That's not to say that the mattes have been made redundant, they're perfect to use as a crease shadow or under the lower lash line. 





My first play with the Naked palette I used Smog over the lid, Half baked in the inner corner of the eye and Hustle in the crease, outer edge and a little sweep under my lower lash line. I finished off with a brown kohl eye pencil on my upper lash line. As I have quite hooded eyes this look appears a lot more dramatic on half closed eyes but gave a warm Autumnal look once opened. 








This second look is a lot more shimmery and playful, I used some of the lightest colours in the palette here. I swept Sin over my entire eyelid, Virgin on the inner corner of my eye and Sidecar on the outer corner and crease, I blended this colour out a lot as I wanted to create a light, Spring/Summer look. Gel liner on top and bottom to finish, which I will be reviewing soon - it's awesome!







My last little play with my Naked palette has a definite cool Wintery vibe, using only two shades: Gunmetal and Creep. Looking back I could definitely have used a lot more bronzer and blusher! But alas, this is probably more of an authentic Winter look. Again, gel liner to finish.

Call me Gok Wan, tell me, do you look good Naked?

cottonandcandie x


8 comments:

  1. I love urban decay makeup but I've never owned the naked palette! Your pictures look amazing and the eyeshadows really suit you :) I might have to get this palette for Christmas now! xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Yes definitely put it on your Christmas list it's so worth the money! :) xz

      Delete
  2. The bronze colours really do suit your eye colour and skin tone! The second look is lovely :)
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! The second look is my favourite too :) xx

      Delete
  3. I am in love with my Urban Decay Naked palette, i got the 3 when it came out but i much prefer the first one. I am loving the last look you created with it, so pretty!

    katielouise-x.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must admit I've been eyeing up the 3 too! Thank you! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This makeup is gorgeous! I need to buy this palette sooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! Definitely, you won't regret it! I've been using it every day since buying!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x