Saturday, 11 October 2014

Losing my gel liner virginity







I was an absolute gel liner virgin until this, but now I don't think I'll ever go back to liquid. It is just incredible. This is the only gel liner I've bought and tried, I thought I'd go for a drugstore cheapish brand first before splurging out on an expensive yet highly recommended gel liner which I might not have been able to use effectively. Thankfully, I can use it and it really is easy to get to grips with. 

This is Rimmel's ScandalEyes Gel liner in black (4.50) You can also get it in brown, purple and a deep blue. You get a little pot of the gel and a teenie tiny liner brush. Don't let the brush put you off, it really isn't all that different in application to the liquid liner pens you can buy.  I love it because it means that when you draw a line and the colour runs out and goes a slight wishy-washy translucent black, you can dip the brush back in the liner and go over it. No more shaking and flicking the pen like liners in the hope (and more often that not, fail) that you'll get a blacker than black line. Another bonus is a little lasts a long way, the marks you see in my gel pot is after one application, you really don't need a lot.

It's water, sweat and smudge proof, and I can definitely confirm that after going to the gym a few times whilst wearing this. - Because of this, you really do need a good make up remover to get  it to budge, which can be seen as a positive and a negative. I've also recently been able to create the perfect cat eye liner which I have been lusting after for years. Bearing in mind in a recent blog post I mentioned I "can't do" cat liner, I now can thanks to this! 

I can not recommend this product and gel liner in general enough. I urge any liner lovers to go and buy one right now! 

Let me know if you've found a gel liner which you think tops this! 
cottonandcandie x

8 comments:

  1. You did such a great job! Im looking at new eye liners right now, completely forgot about the gel ones weirdly :)
    Nilla Forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! This is a scheduled post so I tried it for the first time and took these photos a good two weeks ago and I find it so simple now!

      Delete
  2. Loved this review and the pictures are amazing! I had this eyeliner and I loved it! I also have the sleek gel eyeliner and that was just as good! xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! Ooh will definitely try that out :)

      Delete
  3. looks great on you! i need to go back to gel eyeliner again i think

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I literally don't use anything else now, love how it doesn't crack or anything, lasts for ages! :)

      Delete
  4. You have such a beautiful eye color! I'm tempted to try gel liner now!

    DiscoverMe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's so annoying cause it isn't really blue or green or grey! Definitely try it!! :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x