Wednesday, 1 October 2014

October wishes



Pinch, punch! Where did September go? I really feel like these months are racing past and I'm not making the most of them! To try to do just that I thought I'd put together a post about what my wishes are for October. I don't mean this in terms of things I want to buy but rather more of what I hope for myself in the coming month and as a motivator to get things done.

  • Say "yes" more. 
Last uni year I came down with Glandular fever. If you don't know what it is it basically makes you feel generally grotty and just so exhausted constantly. As in waking up from a five hour nap and needing another one. Because of this, I had to go home to get some real TLC in the hope to get better which meant there was a distance between my and my friends at uni. As sad as it sounds, people can forget about you if you're not there. To try to get back into the swing of actually having a social life I'm going to try to say yes to more opportunities. For example I really hate bowling, but I forced myself to say yes and go and I actually had a really great time. If you keep saying no, eventually people won't think to ask you. Sometimes you need to give yourself that gentle nudge.

  •  Me time
I am that person that tries to cook, call, write an essay and blog at the same time. There never seems to be enough hours in a day and I rarely go to bed feeling like I've had a really productive day. On realising this I've decided that when I really am unmotivated that it could be because I need a little me time. I'm not really keen on baths or anything but just taking a little time out to paint my nails or have a play on my ipad I think will really boost my mood, meaning that I will have a more positive outlook on the day and what I have achieved. All work and no play makes Emily a stressed out nutter. 

  • Get a blogging notebook/diary
Now I'm not sure which one I would prefer out of a notebook or diary. I think I'd like a diary with spare pages for notes in it personally. Keeping ideas of blogposts on my phone ipad and laptop has got heavily confusing and I'm finding it really difficult to keep all ideas in one place. I have a huge list of post ideas as well as actual full written out ones which are all jumbled up everywhere. I think having a blogging diary with blogger and instagram schedules as well as setting aside time to look and comment on other blogs will really motivate me to organise myself more so I can blog more frequently. 

Do you have any wishes or to-dos for October?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. I love the positivity in this post! Oh, and did you draw that? It's really cool!
    Wishing you all the best for October <3
    xoxo,

    BerryBloomXO.com | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Definitely good to start off the month positive :) Haha thank you! xx

      Delete
  2. This month I will be traveling & visiting disneyland. Im so excited to see the halloween themes around the park. Happy October to you :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That will be so amazing! I've been before but always wanted to go around Christmas or Halloween. Hope you have a great time :)
      http://cottonandcandie.blogspot.co.uk/

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x