Monday, 10 November 2014

November wishes



I wrote a post last month called "Ocotober wishes" which  was basically what I hoped for during October and what sort of goals I could think of to set myself off for the month with a positive and productive vibe. You guys seemed to like it so I thought I'd make this a monthly thing.

Last month's were:
  1. Say yes more. - Okay so at the moment I have 34 pounds to my name so saying yes to more things and to be a bit more outgoing is not at all possible right now. But I guess having such little money meant I did lots of things in October to make me so penniless?!
  2.  "Me time" - I did it! I've actually been sitting down and taking time out from essays to paint my nails, have a play on my ipad and to blog - honestly I consider this as me time as I enjoy it so much. I've felt a lot less overwhelmed and have still been getting all my work done so I'm really pleased with this one and hope to carry this on in October. 
  3. Get a blogging notebook/diary. - So I went to Asda. I bought it (It's pretty it's green). I haven't opened it yet.
You can read my full post for last month here.


Considering I technically only completed one of my three wishes for last month I think I'll make this months a little more achievable. Here are my three for the month of November:

  • Being thoughtful 
For me, making someone's day a little brighter is magical. It's part of why I want to be a teacher. Praising a child and seeing them beam from ear to ear and knowing they are going to go home and tell their parents about how proud they are of themselves has got to be up there with one of the most rewarding things. This month I want to make a special effort to be more thoughtful. Be that to compliment someone you may not know very well on how their hair looks or texting someone just to ask how their day is. Being positive around people will mean they enjoy being around you, and may eventually mimic your ways, making your life a hell of a lot happier.

  • Get into coffee
I know this is entirely different to my first wish but I did say I wanted them to be achievable! I hate coffee. The smell of it, coffee cakes, coffee sweets, general coffee is just a no to me. But know what I hate more? People asking to meet up to go for a coffee and having to order a smoothie when it's so cold outside that dogs start wearing those cute little fluffy coats. There has to be some form of coffee I like and I'm going to find it. My sister started work as an accountant, it's early starts and really cold in her office and she basically forced herself to drink it and now she loves it. Even if it's the milkiest, sugariest coffee it will at least help me to wake up when I start placement and have to get up before 6 every morning. 


  • Be able to do the splits
When I was little I used to be able to sit and watch telly sitting in the splits. I'm quite a flexible person, I can touch my toes and everything (in actual fact I can put my hands on the floor) but the splits is something I've always wanted to be able to say I can do again. My friend is a dancer and has shown me the stretches you can do every day to get you closer to doing the splits and I'm definitely getting there!

So these are the three wishes I hope to say I have achieved by December. These aren't anything to do with assignments or followers or anything, I wanted them to be purely about me as a person rather than on numbers as it were. 

What are your wishes for November?
cottonandcandie x


10 comments:

  1. I really recommend a blogging notebook it's great to just have it in writing and you can pop it in your bag and jot down any ideas as they come to you :) mine's from Paperchase xx

    Jasmine // Magpie Jasmine // Blog Sale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I haven't actually bought one that would fit in my bag, that's such a good idea! Might have to go to paperchase to get one! :) xx

      Delete
  2. Loved reading this post <3 I'm glad you've been having more 'me'. It's always great to have time to pamper yourself! Xx

    http://www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you :) Definitely, I can get way too caught up with trying to do a million things at once! xx

      Delete
  3. we've been trying to work towards doing the splits for some time now...still not there yet!

    M + K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll get there! Keep stretching! :) xx

      Delete
  4. Hahaha, I make coffee for the guys at work in the mornings. They like their coffee so sugary, it tastes like coffee flavored sugar to me. I have a planner for blogging, with a couple of free pages in the back. It's really helpful!

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coffee flavoured sugar sounds good haha! I actually started using mine yesterday and have so any ideas now! :) xx

      Delete
  5. I used to feel exactly the same way about coffee, but now I NEED at least 2 cups a day to keep me going lol! I started off drinking milky, sugary coffee and now I have it black with no sugar! If you like milky drinks try mixing a spoonful of coffee with a mug full of milk and then microwaving until frothy.

    I have just 1 November wish: complete the Scorpion run I'm doing in a couple of weeks time. I'm terrified!

    Love your blog honey! Amie @ dimplebug.com

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that happens to me! I'm a trainee teacher so I really need to get into it! Ahh good luck, hope it goes well :) Awh thank you, that means so much! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x