Wednesday, 21 January 2015

Fashion and beauty trends I will never succumb to

We all look back through pictures of ourselves and thought what was I thinking?! But what are the fashion and beauty no nos that you just couldn't bring yourself to try? Here are mine.


Socks and sandals
I don't care if you think it looks cute or geek chic, you look like a Dad abroad.

Eye make up without mascara
So many girls did this when we got to high school. I just didn't get it!? Mascara and no eyeliner, fine, in fact I do it all the time. The other way round: nope. 
Ankle swingers
Okay, so I don't have this problem a lot 'cause of my height, but having that teenie bit too much ankle on show makes me shudder. Rolling up your jeans a bit and it actually being intentional  is fine in my books, but a slightly baggy calf grazer is not.


The VPL
Okay so not exactly a trend but just a massive pet peeve of mine. Please ladies, check your butt before you leave the house!


Juicy
Those trackie bottoms with "Juicy" emblazoned across your bum. I don't think I need to say more than that. 

Crocs
Should only be for children under five years of age.
Uggs
As much as I know they'd be so damn warm and comfy and can't get over the fact that they basically made outdoor slippers. I also hate when they end up looking like this ^^^
Have I missed any off? 
Also, I am on placement at the moment and am leaving before it is light outside and getting home after it is dark so outfit pictures are impossible right now, bear with me!
 
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. Hi, I've nominated you for the liebster award http://lovestephx.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/the-liebster-award.html xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Socks with sandals and crocs are the worst thing that happened to the world fashion wise!
    It'sMyLife

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! Crocs with socks, I can't even bear to think about it! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x