Saturday, 10 January 2015

Let it glow





Santa left this little treat for me under the tree this year. This is Topshop's Glow highlighter in the shade Polish (there is also a darker shade called Gleam). It's a cute little pot with a silky smooth highlighter which you can apply and blend with your fingers to the top of your cheekbones, under your brows and wherever else you want in order to achieve that fresh faced shine.

Polish isn't glittery at all, thank god. I love a good highlighter but I don't want to be looking like Tinkerbell every day. I love the consistency and how easy it is to blend, but I have to say I was a little disappointed that unless you're in some serious lighting it doesn't show up very well. These photos were taken in natural light and I really put a lot of product on with not a lot to show for it. I'm intrigued to see what Gleam would look like on my ghostly pale skin and if going up to a warmer shade would give me the healthy glow I'm looking for.

What's your favourite highlighter at the moment? Have you tried Topshop's Glow?
cottonandcandie x

6 comments:

  1. ooh this looks lovely... ive really got into topshop makeup recently! id love it if youd comment back http://www.amyelizabethfashion.com/2015/01/overcoming-anxiety.html xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How disappointing it doesn't show up very well - I'm interested as to what Gleam would look like as well!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I like that it's subtle but even in the light it doesn't show up too much! xx

      Delete
  3. This sounds amazing and I love the fact that it doesn't have glitter in it! I still need to try out Topshop makeup and I really need to try this! xx

    Beyond the Velvet | Fashion, Beauty and Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been coveting this stuff for quite some time ugh I need it.

    Batty4Beauty.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x