Friday, 23 January 2015

Urban Decay Electric Palette




 (Fringe)
(Slowburn and Revolt)
(Freak and Thrash)

This was the first thing on my Christmas list last year (wow it's weird saying that). The Urban Decay Electric Palette, electric is just the word. The palette contains ten eyeshadows: nine of the brightest colours you could wish for, and the tenth being a beautiful silver which I used under my bottom lash line in the second from last picture.

Revolt - a shimmery silver which can add a bit of glitz to any colour but also looks powerful on its own with some serious black eyeliner.

Gonzo - a deep, matte sky blue and as with all shades in this palette, a teenie bit of glitter.

Slowburn - (second from last photo) a real punchy orange, you definitely can't be shy with this one!

Savage - I'm not sure I have ever seen a brighter pink! I have such a fear of looking like I'm coming down with conjunctivitis when I wear pink shadow so maybe it'll have to be a fancy dress shadow.

Fringe - (third from last photo) now Fringe, Jilted, Urban and Freak all have a sort of velvety looking finish to them, they're so pretty! This is not your stereotypical girlie blue eyeshadow, it almost remind me of denim.

Chaos - I can't decide if there's a purple tone in this or not, either way it's a stunning colour. You can blend this one really lightly with your fingers and it looks really unusual and subtle - a word not often used with the Electric palette!

Jilted - again, that amazing velvety-like sheen with this one, it comes out a lot pinker than you'd expect which is disappointing so it's difficult to wear it on its own. However, pair it with Urban and it can be a really cool look.

Urban - I've yet to try this out on its own without it's neighbour, Jilted but I'm feeling this tomorrow. Purple is so underrated as an eyeshadow colour and looks so good as a base for an intense smoky eye.   

Freak - (last photo) my favourite. If you want to be Tinkerbell (I know I do) then this is just the one. Words can't describe my love for this shade, it's literally exquisite. 

Thrash - last but not least, thrash. It can come out looking a bit like a Kermit the frog green so adding Revolt with this can tone it down a bit. A really cool colour if worn right!

That shadow brush though. Perfect for applying a shade to your entire lid or using the smaller end for a precise line. I actually prefer this brush to my Urban Decay Naked brush, the liner style end is just ideal for building up a shadow around your lash line as the colour will only go where you want it to. 

If you're not sure if you can go quite this bright, try using your fingers to apply. You'll have a lot more control over how dark/bright the shadow will be and can blend it out until the colour is how you like it.

What was at the top of your Christmas list? What's your favourite shade?
cottonandcandie x
 

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow! The colours are really bright but they look so lovely on your eyes! I might just get this palette now for a change from my usual shades of choice. Btw, love the sea shell necklace your wearing in the pic :) xx

    www.beyondthevelvet.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, sweet! I stuck to my trusty naked palette before jumping to this, makes a nice difference though! xx

      Delete
  2. I could never pull off such bright colours, but the way you used them only around your eyes is actually pretty wearable! It looks great!
    www.daisyperson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you, you should definitely give it a try! xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous! Really well written post :) I am DYING to get this palette as I am not really a bright eyeshadow kind of girl but this looks like the perfect palette to get me obsessed! I especially loved 'Fringe'. Its just so pricey to get UD shipped to South Africa :/

    www.makeitraynex.com

    XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! That's such a shame - I hope you manage to get your hands on it at some point! xx

      Delete
  4. Hi, I've nominated you for the The Versatile Award sorry if you have already done already done it, all the info is on my blog www.lipsticksandloveheartsx.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Ooh I've never heard of the Versatile award, thank you! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x