Sunday, 15 February 2015

What should be on your to do list this HALF TERM!


As a trainee teacher on placement I now have a whole week to be freee! Seeing as a lot of you reading this may have a week off from University or college I thought I'd share a few ideas of mine about what to spend your week doing!

1. Try a pinterest DIY. How often do you look, screenshot and promise yourself you will do something you've looked at on pinterest? Well now is the time to do it. For my birthday I made these Glow stick jars and I was so pleased I made them, they looked so cute!

2. Write a list of places you want to go. Living in London there are so many places to visit, most of them completely free! You could write a list with your partner or on your own, mine includes the V&A museum, Shoreditch and a bar in Putney called Toy Shop which makes the coolest cocktails!

3. Do some yoga. Last year I did half an hour of yoga every night after placement before bed and I felt so much better for it. I got to sleep easier, I was more relaxed, and a lot more flexible! Put on some comfy clothes, if you don't have a yoga mat just go into a carpeted room and stick a yoga session on youtube, there's hundreds to choose from and you can be specific about what area of the body you want to work on.

4. Search for new music. I love finding new artists or tracks that I haven't heard of before. Have a look on Spotify or use Last.fm to search for artists you like and it will recommend music which is similar. I find that new music on my ipod definitely gets me more motivated to go to the gym as well! 

5.  Find a photobooth. What ever happened to these? I don't know why they've disappeared so much but I don't like it one bit! The other day I went to Urban Outfitters in Oxford Street and found one and it reminded me of how fun they are! No pictures are printed out nowadays which is a shame, so going to a photobooth, having some fun and sticking them up on your wall I think is a perfect way to make some memories. 

What will you be doing this weekend?
cottonandcandie x

7 comments:

  1. Great list! I've been wanting to get into yoga :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ahh yoga is great, so relaxing :) xx

      Delete
  2. I’ve just found your blog and I’d like to say that I’m in love with it!
    I like your posts and photos! Really amazing!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely good advice! Too bad I don't have a break :-(
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! Definitely change to a teaching profession haha! xx

      Delete
  4. Great list! Can't wait to try the yoga, I went to some classes when I was home from uni over summer, but would love to keep it up while I'm away as I can never sleep! xx

    www.shannonstacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x