Sunday, 1 March 2015

Advice to give my teenage self


I tried to find the most embarrassing photo of me as a teenager, I hope I didn't disappoint. 

We all do stupid things we regret or wear things that when we look back on we absolutely cringe about, here's the advice that I'd give my teenage self.

STOP wearing your hair like that. Seriously, straightening your block fringe but having the rest of your hair curly? 

Biology AS level is a bad idea. First exam I was hoping for a B, got a U..

You do not need to wear every bracelet you've ever bought at the same time. Honestly, less is more.

Don't overpluck your eyebrows. I repeat, don't overpluck your eyebrows. Full brows will be in in around five years time, be patient!

It is not necessary to take a photo of every single little thing. You won't enjoy the moment.

Wear clothes you like and are comfortable in yourself in. Don't change how you look or how you dress for anyone.

Do not cut off your hair. Emily, you do not have the right jawline for this. 

Have more confidence. If you walk up to that side fringed emo lad that you fancy and say hi but you do it with confidence, you can get away with it. 
 

Remember this is advice that I'd give myself, not necessarily for all teens!
What would you advise your teenage self if you could?
cottonandcandie x

2 comments:

  1. Hahaha! Teenage hairstyles are so funny. I remember the straight block fridges. Did you make it rock solid with hairs spray, too?

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it's sad that teens now aren't going through the embarrassing stages we did!! Of course haha! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x