Wednesday, 18 March 2015

Disappointing products #2: Garnier softening cleansing lotion

And it's another make up remover one. I definitely just need to stick to my standard face wipes! Here is my previous disappointing products post.

I've recently become very aware of the skin around my eyes and how delicate it is, I shudder to think about how much damage I've already done with pulling my face about like that for years! I thought I'd treat myself to a cleansing lotion which could be used with cotton wool pads to make myself more aware of how my eye area needs a little more TLC. 

Where to start. Firstly, it really really stings your eyes. I woke up the next morning with swollen puffy eyes and I wish I was joking; I thought this was strange considering it says it is particularly good at removing waterproof eye make up, so it's specifically designed in mind for use on your eye make up. 

This is another thing. Not only did I end up with puffy eyes but also my make up was all over my face in the morning. I thought I'd removed it all, and the next day I really scrubbed. Still the same thing. A make up remover which doesn't do its main job? 

It also mentions that it's good for dry skin, which is good as I have combination skin which has been particularly dry recently. So, should be great right? Well it did the opposite. In fact it really made my skin dry. 

I honestly wish I could find something good about it to write up but I really am trying here! 

Have you tried Garnier's softening cleansing lotion? What did you think? 

cottonandcandie x 

4 comments:

  1. Oh no! What a shame this was disappointing, it always feels like such a waste of money when that happens. I haven't tried this but they have a rose scented one that I really like x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! And it's such a waste if you throw it away! xx

      Delete
  2. That's a shame! I guess I'll stick to the Micellar Water! xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which one do you use? I've heard it's great! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x