Wednesday, 11 March 2015

Fifty shades of pink



Not quite fifty shades, more like three, anyway..
I've been nervous to try out the bright pink of my Urban decay electric palette (see my review, here) as it is just bright, like pretty much neon - but I finally took the plunge! 

I lightly swept the colour on with my finger so that I could easily control how much and how bright it was going to be and then really buffed the colour out with my double ended Urban decay brush which came with the palette. I then blended the colour with Virgin from the orginal Urban decay Naked palette which is a shimmery nude beige to make it more subtle. 

On my lips I'm wearing Mac Twig, my go to everyday lipstick and Topshop's cream blusher in Pulse. I definitely should have worn this earlier around Valentine's day!

What do you think to pink eyeshadow?
Do you think you'd go brighter?
cottonandcandie x

8 comments:

  1. I was just thinking I love your lip colour then I scrolled down and realised it's Twig- my favourite MAC lipstick haha clearly the two of us were meant to be together! It looks lovely on you :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's my favourite too! Ah great minds haha, thank you - means a lot! xx

      Delete
  2. you wear that pink eye shadow so beautifully!! :D

    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice look. I really like the lipstick :)

    Greetings from Austria,
    http://tamaraami.blogspot.co.at

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Wow, other side of the world! xx

      Delete
  4. I LOVE the electric palette. I've yet to find a use for every single shadow, but I'm pretty determined to! I'd definitely go brighter haha, I'm all about the bright neon colors. You look great! :)

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was the bright blue and the bright pink which I found the hardest to wear, they really are luminous! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x