Friday, 13 March 2015

Why you need to stop using Tresemme right now.



I was getting really down about my hair recently when I was pre drinking for a night out (because obviously that's what every girl drowns her sorrows about). No matter what expensive treatment or how long I leave mayonnaise in my hair smelling like a sandwich it still seems to be really damaged. 

I looked at my hair and noticed that it looked like I had layers in it. Last time I had my hair cut my layers were completely cut out and I was left with one even length, and that's when I realised that my hair must be breaking off at the ends. 

I mentioned it to the girls I was about to go out on a night out with and they instantly asked me what shampoo I used. I replied tresemme and they all practically jumped out of their seats. 

Basically, tresemme has a large amount of salt in its formula. If you look at the ingredients, the first one is water and the second and various other ingredients include the word sodium in it, which is part of the chemical name for salt (sodium chloride). 
 
Think about what salt does to our body: it makes it dehydrated. That's exactly what you are doing to your hair; drying it out to the point where it becomes so undernourished and brittle that it breaks off. Apparently it is okay to use tresemme for a teenie bit but it is not recommended to use over a long period of time. As someone who has frazzled hair anyway without the added "help" from tresemme, my advice is bin it. 

All of my treatments which I have been doing I have basically undone by using tresemme shampoo and conditioner which was designed for "platinum strength" which I have not been getting. 
I really wished I knew sooner and so that is why I have written this post on it. 

Was I the only one who isn't know about this!? 

cottonandcandie x 

6 comments:

  1. I had no idea about this! This makes so much sense though as to why you're hair was feeling dry :( Hopefully your hair will really improve now you've stoped using this brand! x x

    www.beyondthevelvetblogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah definitely makes sense! Treated myself to sole organix stuff now so should see some improvement! xx

      Delete
  2. I haven't heard from this product before, but it sucks! Hope your hair gets so much healthier!
    xx

    http://alemint.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I know, I'm not sure how many people know about it! xx

      Delete
  3. I've never used Tresemme, but I'm glad I know of that now! I've been educating myself in skincare so I kind of know how to read ingredient labels to know what to look out for. Of course I don't know everything - but at least knowing something is better than knowing nothing! I highly recommend browsing SkincareAddiction on Reddit and Veronica Gorgeois on Youtube to learn more.

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great tips! I know nothing about skincare and recently my skin has been so dry even when moisturizing twice a day! You should do a blog post on it! :) xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x