Sunday, 12 April 2015

Bourjois rouge edition velvet in 07: Nude-ist




I'm loving a nude lip at the moment, and hence the name "Nude-ist", I chose this.
I don't usually go for a liquid lipstick because they remind me too much of a gloss which I've never really been into. They're sticky, I'm not into the shiny look and when the wind blows your hair sticks to it no end.
However, as this was deemed a matte liquid lipstick I thought I'd give it  a go.
 I have to say I bought this as the same time as I bought Mac twig, so I neglected this a lot. But digging this out again I've realised I really didn't give it credit where it's due.

It is still quite glossy and so it's nice and moisturising but if you want a matte finish you definitely need to blot it. 

In my opinion this isn't really a nude like the name suggests it should be, but I do really like the warm pink shade. The applicator is really easy to use and the formula is so smooth on the lips.

This stuff just doesn't come off. Even really scrubbing with a make up wipe (not that you should do this, whoops) it will still remain in the morning. 

For me, I've always held the opinion that Bourjois is quite a high end drugstore brand, one of which I've always loved the packaging and the rouge edition velvet is no exception. The simplicity of the bottle and the fact that it's glass really appeals to me.

Since I purchased this quite a while ago a lot more shades have been released, I definitely want to try peach club, ping pong and grand cru!
Shades 1-8, left to right.


Bourjois rouge edition velvet is available to purchase at 9 pounds from Boots. 
Which shade is your favourite?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. I've still never tried this line but I think I need to and this shade looks like the one I'd go for :) xx

    Magpie Jasmine | Zoeva Brush Set Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They last so long, I can't explain how impressed I was with the wear is of this! xx

      Delete
  2. I love that shade! Thank you! x
    theenglishrosegirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that it's a nudeish colour which you won't really have to reapply! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x