Friday, 24 April 2015

Strong, sassy hair: H'Suan Wen Hua Lush hair treatment





Firstly, sorry for missing a blog post, deadlines got the better of me but I'm all done until the end of May now, yayy!

As I've mentioned more times than I care to remember, my hair is in dreadful condition. My hair is the type that you put it up into a pony tail, take the hairband out and it will stay in that position: yeah, that bad. My hair used to be so so soft and great, I never had problems with it and no matter what cheapie shampoo I used it would still be shiny and full of life. This was until I used silver shampoo on my hair which completely matted my hair together, so when I brushed it I was effectively just brushing my hair out, ouch. 
If you're thinking of using silver shampoo just remember to dollop gallons of conditioner on afterwards, don't make the same mistake as me! 

Onto this little life saver. 
I asked one of the Lush assistants which would be a good hair mask for me and she immediately walked me towards H'Suan Wen Hua. The only bad thing about this product is that I literally cannot pronounce its name.

Lush describes it as a hair moisturiser, which is exactly what my hair needed. The product is a mix of bananas, eggs, avocado and other goodies which are well known for their hair strengthening properties. Eggs especially are known for providing a protective coating onto the hair as well as adding shine due to the sheer amount of protein which can be found in them. 

Another thing which I was really impressed with is that it recommends to apply directly onto dry hair. It is so darn moisturising that even on dry hair you can feel your hair softening, there's no need for water first at all. 

Bottom line is, it is amazing. I was uncertain about the smell at first but I've now really warmed to it. There's a spicy hint to it which reminds me of cloves and Christmas! However, if you don't warm to the smell, it only needs 20 minutes contact with the hair before washing out with shampoo. Even my hair in the awful condition it is only needs 20 minutes to completely transform it into the soft silky hair we all so desperately want. 

At under ten pounds for a pot that lasts me around five treatments (usually recommended for just two treatments but my hair is so thin it doesn't need much!) I think that really isn't bad at all. 

Have you tried any Lush hair treatments? Which one is your favourite?
cottonandcandie x

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow this sounds amazing! I would love to try this for my weekly mask xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doing a weekly mask is a great habit! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x