Thursday, 7 May 2015

Chisel cheeks contour kit: Barry M


Contouring. You either love it or struggle to do it. I was the latter until around a month ago when I picked up this cute little kit for just 6 pounds. 

Chisel cheeks by Barry M gives you three shades to highlight, sculpt and bronze your face to give you the bone structure of Aphrodite. I'm just guessing she had good bone structure, here.

The step by step guide of where to apply each of the three shades is super helpful, literally a fail safe method for anyone. It shows you where light should naturally hit your face, and so where to apply the highlight to emphasise this; where the sun would naturally bronze your face and so where to apply the medium brown and lastly where you can define your features with the darker brown. 

For me, I love Topshop's glow highlighter in polish, so instead of using the highlighter in the palette I use this over my cheekbones, brow bone and cupids bow as I prefer a real shine. I'm such a highlighter girl, so I tend not to use the highlighter in this palette but that's not to say that it isn't worth using! 

The second medium brown shade gives me just enough warmth and can be really subtle when blending out with a powder brush, I have to say that applying it on your forehead which I've never heard of before really gives you that sunkissed look, I never realised! I apply this with an angled blusher brush and as already mentioned, blend out and up towards my hairline with a large fluffy brush.

The third dark brown shade I really did not think I would get on with. It's super pigmented and can come out quite dark, which for me with my real white skin was going to be a problem. Then I decided to change the brush I was using to the Zoeva face paint 109 (review, soon!) to achieve a thinner more subtle line at the hollows of my cheekbones. You only need a teenie bit of powder on your brush to do the entirety of your cheekbone. I load up the brush and then gently press the powder into the hollows of my cheekbones from the top of my ear towards the corner of your mouth. Imagine there's a line joining the two together but don't blend all the way down to the corner of your mouth. After this buff the product in with a large fluffy brush until you're happy with the shade.

Since using the Zoeva brush with this contour set I have been using it all. the. time. I absolutely love it. I cannot believe how effective it is for such a small price and that in my opinion it complements so many skin tones. - I have used this on my Mum, who is a medium-dark skin tone as well as on myself who is very fair and it works so well for both of us.  

Basically, get to Boots or Superdrug right now and pick this up.
Have you tried contouring? Do you use this palette too?
cottonandcandie x

5 comments:

  1. Ive never tried contouring before, but the colors in the pallet looks very pretty :)

    xx Sera | STARDUSTBOHEMIAN.COM
    (IG: @TheStardustBohemian)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even thought about it until I got this and now I love it! xx

      Delete
  2. Awesome sharing!!!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com
    instagram.com/grace_njio

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this little kit :) I use the yellow powder more for setting under eye concealer personally xx

    Magpie Jasmine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And the timing couldn't be any more perfect as I've been scouring the internet for a good contour makeup for days on end now. haha

    Joanna, The Wunderkind

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x