Monday, 11 May 2015

Trinkets


Having a blank canvas as a uni room can be massively daunting. Some uni halls of residence ban you from putting posters up, too meaning it can really feel a lot less than homely. (Although definitely try white tac!)

I didn't realise how many little trinkets I have in my room until I was showing it to someone that hadn't been in my room before. It definitely makes sense to add bits which makes the room more "you". 

Quite a recent one for me is this beautiful Little Mermaid jewellery box. Anyone who knows me knows I just love the idea of mermaids. They're just so beautiful and ah. Anyway. I got this as a present from one of my friends from Disneyland. And yes, it does play under the sea. - So adorable. I have yet to store anything inside it as the box itself is quite deep and I already have jewellery stands, make up drawers, etc. If any of you have any ideas  let me know!

I got given this as one of my leaving presents when I finished placement last year in a Special School. I love the rustic look of this and it's a proper sturdy metal with a hanger, too. I can't wait to put this in my future classroom, eek!

My Mum got me this and I absolutely love it. You can unclip the little handle and reattach it which is great because you'll definitely be able to find somewhere to hang it. Mine is on my wardrobe because obviously I walk past or open it every day. It's such a teenie little sign with so much meaning, I love it. 

My Dad always comes back from Cornwall (where my Auntie lives) with some random beachy weirdness and this was one of them. An actual piggy bank. I love how bright this is and I'm so glad that this one has a hole on the underside so I don't have to smash it to get the money out! I save up all my two pound coins in here and then when I have enough I buy something I've been lusting after. - Usually a Mac lipstick, haha!

Last but not least is this cute little happy Buddha. I got this for Christmas from my sister and I can honestly say it was one of my best presents. I pointed it out in a shop and had no idea that she would remember or even get it for me, so sweet! 
I personally love the idea of Buddhism and the positive vibes it brings. Not sure not many people know that Buddha isn't deemed as their God that they pray for but simply a symbol of luck when you rub their belly!

Do you have any little trinkets in your home? Which one is your favourite?
cottonandcandie x


4 comments:

  1. I am IN LOVE with that Little Mermaid jewellery box. I love that it also plays the song. That's so cute!

    X Marjolein
    http://misscocoblue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so adorable isn't it, God knows how much it cost, eek! So beautiful though xx

      Delete
  2. Aw the little mermaid trinket box is soooo cute, and I love the piggy bank, I've been wanting one like that for ages now!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x