Wednesday, 10 June 2015

I got the job! My fail-safe interview dress


I'm pleased to say that on graduating in July I will be the teacher of 30 little primary aged children! I'm so so excited, the school is wonderful and I can't wait to start in September.

This interview was my very first teaching interview, and as always, I wore my Boohoo blue skater dress. I've worn this on the first day of all three of my school placements and now on my first proper job interview to make a good impression. 

Yes I could have worn a blouse and trousers and could have also been mega uncomfortable. For me, it's important to be comfortable in yourself so that you feel confident and happy. 

I always go for this dress as it has a high neckline, which going for a teaching job I think is important. Seeing as I'm going to be quite a young teacher at only 22 I need to make sure that what I'm wearing shows that I'm mature enough for this, so yes - low necklines is a no go for me, same with length of dress/skirt. It's also really bold and bright, which makes me feel more confident and makes me stand out a little compared to the other black and grey candidates. It's super comfy and has short sleeves, meaning it's perfect for pairing with a cardigan or taking it off if you're feeling too hot (and nervous!). Another thing I like about this dress is the box pleat, making it all the more formal.

Do you have a go to outfit for interviews?
cottonandcandie x

6 comments:

  1. congrats!! and love the blue color
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It's so bright isn't it! xx

      Delete
  2. Congratulations! The color of the dress is so vibrant and I love pleats so much. They just add such a classic touch to any garment.

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love the pleats too - really makes it! xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your job! It has been ages since I've had an interview and my current workplace's dress code is casual so I don't even have to wear dresses or suits, but when I worked in a more corporate environment I wore something smart like the dress you wore, I love the colour :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! You really got everything figured out, particularly in terms of smart dressing and rapport. A key thing about getting hired is engagement, which is basically our capacity to gain our would-be-employer's attention and earn their trust. And it starts as soon as the interview begins.

    Waylon Grimm @ All Force Labour Solutions

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x