Thursday, 18 June 2015

Segway experience for two



For my Mum's birthday she didn't know what she wanted. Don't you just hate that? You're suggesting everything under the sun and she's like mm yeah maybe. So I asked her if she would prefer me to take her out and actually do something, which she liked the sound of. I browsed around on Buy a Gift and saw a Segway experience for two. I knew this would be perfect as it was something a little different but not massively out of her comfort zone as it was no heights or water or anything. 

The voucher came in this gorgeous metal box which opens up and explains what the person has got you inside. She loved it! Anyone late for Father's day definitely get on this band wagon!

We went to our closest Segway experience venue which was Cambridge at Grafham water, as you can see from the pictures it's got a nice little woodland and a real beautiful lake which is just pretty in itself. 


Yep I did my cardigan all the way up just like my Mum did because it was so cold #fashionblogger


First of all you put on all the gear: helmets, knee pads, the lot. We had an instructor show and explain to us how the Segway works and did a few games to let us get to grips with it, going in and out of cones, riding with no hands, etc (the Segway is controlled entirely on your distribution of weight). After this we went in the forest weaving in and out of trees, it was so much fun! We then got a chance to go into this big green area and have a little play around and some photos. They also take photos as you're going around which are ten pounds a print or fifteen pounds for one print and a USB pen with all of the pictures taken from the day. 

All in all we spent an hour on the Segway as we upgraded from the 30 pounds half an hour session for two to 50 pounds for a whole hour, which I would definitely recommend as the time literally flies!

I completely recommend buying a voucher from Buyagift as well as the Segway experience, it was such a cool thing to do and something different which my Mum loved.

Have you been on a Segway before or had a random present like this?!
cottonandcandie x

11 comments:

  1. I've been segwaying and it was so fun, I want to go again!

    http://www.farfetch.com/uk/shopping/women/items.aspx?ffref=chk_hd_logo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been on a segway before but it looks like so much fun and it's a nice gift for someone who doesn't really want any material things! I'd probably fall off if I was on a segway, especially if I rode it with no hands haha. I think if I were ever to be bought an experience for my birthday it would be indoor skydiving, it looks like so much fun.

    Sarah xo | PolkaDotLemon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's my Mum down to a t, she didn't know what she wanted at all! I was so scared of falling off haha, you have all the arm pads and everything though luckily! xx

      Delete
  3. that looks like so much fun!!! i love it when you see people in segway groups going round cities, that would be a right laugh!!! x
    Eden x / edenroses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you can do it in Rome, that would be lovely! xx

      Delete
  4. This sounds like so much fun! I live in the village next to Grafham Water and its absolutely beautiful - i am super grateful to wake up and to be able to look out over the lake from my bedroom window! My dad got the segway experience at grafham for his birthday too so i hope he enjoys it as much as you did! :)

    emilyspolkadotsocks.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way, so close! Ah I'm sure he will, if you're going too I'm sure you'll have fun too! xx

      Delete
  5. segways look like so much fun. they have segway tours near me but I have never been on one YET... I would definitely like to try it out though. My one fear is that I will fall over though! I guess as long as I practice with an instructor I should be good to go! ;)

    Jessica
    Pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ones I had weren't too bad to be fair, don't think you could make them fall over really! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x