Monday, 27 July 2015

Beauty birthday presents



It was my 22nd birthday yesterday and those that knew me well (or perhaps not so well as it's a little obvious!) bought me some beauty related gifts. Just looking at these photos makes me weak at the knees.
 
 
Before I get into the main bit of the post this is in no way meant to come across as me bragging about what I have got or how much people have spent on me or whatever, I'm just using this as a way of showing almost like a haul post of lots of beauty bits grouped together.
 
 For some items I will be posting a more detailed post at some point but this is almost like little mini first impression reviews for now.

 

 
Urban decay all nighter make up setting spray - First impressions are pretty good! Doesn't leave my face feeling sticky or tight at all but I can't honestly comment on it extending my make up wear for now, will do a full review later.
 
Benefit Hoola - Lovinggg the Hoola. I've been after this for a while and seeing as my Body shop honey bronzer completely cracked and smashed to bits (sob) this was something I was really looking forward to. The shade is quite subtle and buildable even though it looks quite dark which is great for pale girls like me that don't want to look too faked.
 
 
How cute is the French bulldog wrapping paper?!
 
 
Bodyshop's raspberry eau de toilette - This was a complete surprise and a beautifully smelling one. I can't get enough of this, it's a real sweet summer fragrance which lasts an impressively long time!
 
Maxfactor pan stik - I was really intrigued by this as I haven't heard of or seen this before. My boyfriend did lots of research and bought me this, isn't he the best? It's a full coverage foundation stick which is quite thick in consistency, good for covering any spots or redness. I've also tried using it for contouring but I'm not sure it's the right shade for me for that.
 
Maybelline cover stick - Another stick-like product! I've always been a bit nervous when it comes to concealer as whatever I buy doesn't seem to cover up me under-eye area quite right so I tend to go for the cheapie Natural collection one. This is very very similar to that from what I've used so far!
 
Oatifix by Lush- Haven't used this yet but gosh do I dislike the smell. I'm glad it's only meant to go on for around 5- 10 minutes! I've heard good things though, cleansing and moisturising in one!
 
YSL touche ├ęclat - I can't believe it's taken me so long to buy this or put it on my birthday list. This is such a game changing product, no wonder it has won so many awards.
 
Rimmel Stay matte pressed powder -  This is described as a translucent powder so just gently mattifies your face without adding too much colour. It would also be perfect for adding on top of a shiny lipstick if you want the colour without the shine.
 

 
 
Make up revolution Mermaids are forever palette - I've been hunting this down foreverrr and now it's finally mine, eek! The colours are beautiful but they really vary in pigmentation sadly.
 
Calvin Klein lipstick - I definitely need some alone time with this one. It's a beautiful shade but I nightmare to apply. The actual lipstick itself is quite a strange shape and it was quite difficult to get a smooth application. Definitely will write more on this one at a later date.
 
Roots by Lush - Anything by Lush gets me excited so something which combats thin and fine hair had my name all over it. Again. not sure about the smell but I'm sure I can forget about that if the results are good!
 
Real techniques powder brush - A great fluffy, large headed brush perfect for bronzer or powder.
 
Dior mascara - So the wand for this is really wide and big in general but I find that this doesn't get quite enough product on the brush. It does give your lashes a nice subtle look, nice for days where less make up is required.
 
Smashbox primer - This little tube of loveliness was a complete surprise, again well done to the boyfriend. Will be doing a full post on this soon to reveal its secrets.
 
Rimmel 25 hour foundation - I've been looking for a new foundation as my No7 one just isn't winning me over anymore. This one is just fantastic. Again, will be doing a full post on this.
 
Escada turquoise sunshine - I don't think there has been an Escada perfume released that I haven't liked. They're so fun and fruity and sweet and just amazing. The packaging is cute and I find the scent lasts a good while.




2 comments:

  1. Well someone got spoiled here ha ;)

    www.caetera-moda.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x