Saturday, 4 July 2015

Summer plum pout





With fashion, everyone's trying to wear something unique to set a trend. With make up, people tend to follow the crowd a bit and there are almost unwritten rules. Eyes or lips, coral in summer, contouring upwards, etc. Another one is dark lips are only for winter; here I've done a fresh faced summery make up look using Maybelline colour drama in Berry much. 

I wore this to go out for dinner, that's how much I trust this lip colour. I always tend to have trouble, in fact I'm sure most people do, with dark lips and the colour just not transferring or staying properly on that teenie bit of inner lip which shows when you open your mouth a bit. However Maybelline colour drama is changing the game. I've never been massively impressed with lip pencils but this one is just so moisutrising and the colour lasts for ages. I'm honestly actually thinking about buying the whole lot, and at only a fiver I really don't see no reason why I shouldn't!

I put this lip colour with subtle contouring using my Barry M contour kit and Topshop's cream highlighter in Glow as well as a slight bit of colour on my eyes using the original Naked palette and finishing off with Miss Manga mascara < click for review. This was also a seriously good brow day using Nars' angled eyeshadow brush with the shade Bali.

What do you think? Plum in Summer?
cottonandcandie x

4 comments:

  1. I think this lip color looks really nice on you! I love your eye makeup too :)

    Jessica
    pyreflies.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plum looks so good on you! I recently bought a plummy gloss (I think) from NYX, I'm waiting for it to come in the mail hehe. I never do anything other than neutral lips cause it's not in my comfort zone, but I think I'm confident enough to step out of it to try brights and vampy lip colors. I don't remember if I said this before, but your eyes are gorgeous! <3

    becky ♡ star violet

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh I'm loving NYX but I can't find anywhere that sends it for a decent amount to the UK! Awh thank you so much! Yeah go for it! Everyone looks good in a red lip in my opinion! xx

      Delete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x