Monday, 3 August 2015

Day and night wedding guest outfits


This weekend I went to my boyfriend's Dad's wedding. The wedding was spread over two days, the first day at the registry office and a posh meal and the second was more of a celebration sit down meal and party type occasion. So naturally, two days: two outfits. 



For the first day I wore a Topshop deep plum maxi dress with Kurt Geiger heels, matching gold bag and scarf (both unknown). I thought this was more of a formal dress out of the two outfits to wear for the ceremony, it's also a little more awkward to dance (and eat!) in as it's fairly long so you need to watch your heels. 

For the first day I did fairly natural make up with velvet teddy on my lips and "Future" from the Mermaids forever palette by Make up revolution. 




For the meal and party I wore something a little shorter to be able to dance in, it was quite hot in the hall so this New Look dress was definitely the better option for the evening. I used the same accessories as the first outfit mainly due to the teenie tiny space available in my bag but I think the gold goes well with plum and peach.

I love how summery this is, the colour and the fact that it's strappy and floaty works really well together. 

Velvet teddy again on the lips, this time with coral and orange toned shadow, full post on this to follow because I loved this make up. 

Which outfit would you wear?
cottonandcandie x

5 comments:

  1. chic deress... wonderful eye dear !
    would you like to follow each other on our blog ...?
    let me know --- >>> http://mcaruso930.blogspot.it/
    I aspect, a kiss: - *

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dear for the inspirations for Day and night wedding guest outfits. All these outfits are just perfect. I am also going to attend a wedding in mid-winter at some outdoor Los Angeles venues and would like to pair up this peach dress with my fur coat.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this post!
cottonandcandie x